Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ah sweet domesticity



Now that I have more spare time, I have time to indulge my domestic tendencies. While I still do not cook, with the exception of this carrot soup I came across and have now made several times, I have been baking up a storm. My parents really like this whole wheat and walnut bread (see picture 1). And I just made some rhubarb bread (picture 2). This is more of a sweet bread and next time I'll definitely make it with walnuts (as the recipe suggests but I was out) to give it some more texture.

Finally, I just got my parents to buy an ice cream maker for their Kitchenaid so stay tuned for my adventures with that. (I'm trying to figure out how I can sneak the whole apparatus out when I move to Michigan otherwise it will be back to good old elbow grease for kneading.)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oh, you make me jealous with your baking!! Is that carrot soup good? It sounds kind of odd, but refreshing for summer!