My parents are great. They buy me lots of awesome food. They have one weakness though when it comes to farmer's markets. Fruit. Although they don't eat much, they buy oodles. I don't mind because I consume like 10 servings of fruit a day, but this time its a bit over board. Peaches, nectarines, cherries, apples, strawberries, blueberries, and cantaloupe are now stuffing our fridge and counter.
Since some of the peaches are already going bad, I decided I'd try a peach frozen yogurt. I used the same base as I did last time, and added 1.5 cups pureed peaches, some cinnamon and some vanilla. At the very end of the mixing, I also added some chunks of peaches to give it added texture.
End result: quite bland and yogurt-y tasting like the blueberry. I hadn't been draining the yogurt, partly because I'm lazy but I think I will for the next batch and hope that helps the flavor.
Back to my 24 marathon...I heart Jack Bauer!
NOTE: I have a picture for a change but Blogger won't let me post it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment