Since coming to Boston, I have done some sightseeing, but mostly eating in the past month...
My culinary tour of Boston kicked off with a pre-ballet dinner with M at Rustic Kitchen. I had a delicious pizza with carmelized onions and cheese. Next up that weekend was a Sunday brunch with J at The Independent in Union Square in Somerville--eggs and bacon. It was late so there were very few people there but there was a good ambiance, and they had the Redwings game on so points for that.
The next weekend, with my family in town, the first stop was Friday dinner at Tapeo, a tapas place on Newbury Street. DELICIOUS tapas. Highlights included queso con miel (goat cheese with honey) and gorditas (prunes stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped with bacon). Yes, I have a bit of a goat cheese problem. We got to sit on the patio and enjoy a lovely bottle of rose, of which I cannot remember the name. Saturday, we were at Kingfish Hall--a Todd English restaurant--for my cousin's baby shower. There were mixed roasted potatoes, scallops, and some sort of chicken dish, wrapped up with a cheese plate and fruit. Delicious, and a nice space, with a view of the Faneuil Hall market. Good enough to merit a return trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment