I think I may have lost all 3 of my readers due to my lack of posting today.
I am glad the election is over, primarily because I am tired of people telling me to vote and sending me a bazillion emails. I'm convinced people! Direct your efforts to people who are not!
Anyway, my one major problem yesterday was everyone wearing the "I voted" stickers, and updating their GChat and Facebook status to "I voted" or some permutation.
Do people feel they deserve an award for voting? Voting is our civic obligation. It is a responsibility. Great. You voted. You fulfilled your DUTY to the country.
I've been accused of being a Debbie Downer for this viewpoint, but that's how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
everybody likes stickers. that has nothing to do with feeling like they did something great because they voted! I didn't get a sticker and I was sad about it!
Post a Comment